What is Hybrid app development?
Decoding Hybrid Apps
By definition, hybrid is anything derived from diverse sources. A hybrid app is one that is written with the identical technology used for website implementations, and that is hosted inside a native container on a mobile device. In other words, it is the union of native implementation and web technology.
Why Do You Need A Hybrid Mobile App?
You install it like a native app, but on the inside, it is actually a web app. The incredible hybrid mobile app development comes with a plethora of benefits. Some of the prominent ones are as follows:
- Hybrid applications combine user experience with an agile app development methodology and measured costs.
- These apps help to limit the restrictions of the Apple app store, where, in order to deploy an app, the product needs to be submitted until there is a validation from the App Store. Generally, the process of submission and approval takes between 1 to 7 days.
- The delay depends upon the time of the year and also on whether it is a newly launched app or an update. With hybrid apps, those app developers who wish to update their app frequently can greatly benefit. There is no need to resubmit the improved version if the update hasn’t touched the native code.
- All the benefits of hybrid mobile apps stem from the fact that instead of building two separate apps for Android and iOS, you are only building one app and then slightly tweaking it so it runs on both platforms. In these apps, the hybrid app developers only need to write the code once and deploy it across several different platforms.
- Since there is only a single codebase to manage, most developers require only half the resources that two native apps would have required. This substantially brings down the development time and costs. Additionally, hybrid app developers often charge less in comparison to native app developers.
- Hybrid apps are much easier to scale. Once you have built an app for one platform, it is extremely simple to launch on another, such as Windows Mobile.
- Hybrid apps allow complete access to the device’s native features. This is largely owed to robust software such as Flutter, ReactNative that serve as a bridge between WebView, the container in which the app runs and the native SDK.
Build Your Hybrid Mobile Apps with Cumulations
With a profound understanding of advanced hybrid app frameworks, at Cumulations, we offer a complete spectrum of hybrid development services. From strategic ideation to development, optimization, testing, and support & maintenance, we deliver value at highly competitive rates. We ensure that the goals for your business, may it be B2B, B2C, or B2B2C, are met by an exclusive product that delights your users and strengthens your bottom line. Our multi-platform mobile technology engineers develop high-performing hybrid apps that deliver exceptional engagement and conversions across industries, devices, platforms, and audiences.
Our Strong Suits as Hybrid App developers
When you work with us, you can count on:
- The agile, end-to-end process
- Extensive expertise in a full spectrum of technology
- Start-up thinking in tandem with seasoned execution
- Game-changing innovation
- Co-creative development process
- A highly experienced and talented consortium of hybrid app developers
- Continuous delivery for ongoing improvements
- Flawless UI/ UX for exclusive product design and development
Hire our Hybrid App Developers for Startups and Enterprises
For startup organizations, a hybrid approach is indubitably the smartest solution to get the next big thing to market quickly with a resourceful, affordable, and cross-platform mobile strategy. In our Hybrid App Development Company, we follow an agile methodology that expedites the workflow. Our team of tech mavericks and highly experienced hybrid app developers are experts at leveraging the latest trends and technologies to ensure consistent performances on all platforms. For our enterprise clients, who are often restricted by budget and shorter turnarounds, a hybrid mobile app offers the finest opportunity to optimize native features as well as leverage the humongous benefits of platform-agnostic solutions. We are also fully experienced in app redesigning, thus helping you get an exclusive and productivity-enhancing application.
Cost Friendly Hybrid Mobile App Development Company
We are one of the leading hybrid mobile app development companies in India, offering robust and impactful apps for every industry. Being a trusted and time-tested hybrid app solution provider, we take immense pride in delivering unique and cost-effective solutions to our clients that help to maximize enterprise performance and profits. We use best-in-class hybrid mobile app development tools and technologies to offer apps with value assurance.
Some ways in which our company truly stands out:
- Agile hybrid app development methodology
- Collaborative, communicative, and transparent customer-centric approach
- Highly competitive rates with superlative services
- In-house front-end specialists, UI/ UX designers, Business analysts
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning web and mobile solutions
- Proven track record of successful project engagement and delivery
- Solid open technology expertise across varied platforms
- Rigorous quality assurance (QA) testing before final deployment
Understanding the Difference between Web, Native & Hybrid Apps
Native app development
Native apps are those that are built for a specific platform. For instance, you can develop an exclusive app for Android or iOS. If you wish to target both platforms, you will have to build two separate apps since both platforms have completely different standards that need to be adhered to.
Consequently, you will have to hire two development teams:
- Java or Kotlin experts for an Android app.
- Objective-C or Swift professionals for an iOS app
Although this seems like a lot of work, yet there are some considerable benefits of this approach.
- Native applications are developed for a specific platform.
- They are highly efficient and performance-centric, owing to their tight coupling with the device’s built-in functionalities.
- Native apps differ from hybrid apps in the way that hybrid apps are developed for more than one platform.
Web app development
A web app is the one that runs on browsers. It can easily operate on any kind of device, may it be a smartphone, a laptop, a tablet, a smart watch, a TV or even the screen of a smart fridge. The only prerequisite for this is that the device should have a browser. So, regardless of the number of platforms you wish to serve, building a single app is enough.
- Web-based apps are solely developed to be accessed via a web browser.
- These apps are essentially websites with a host of interactive features.
- They are often less expensive to develop.
Hybrid app development
A hybrid app is somewhere in between native and web apps. Primarily, it is just one application that can be run on any kind of platform with just minor tweaks. In other words, it is a web application wrapped in a native container.
- Hybrid applications are developed for both, the web and for running on a specific platform.
- Like native apps, these apps can be made available in the App Stores and have unrestrained access to the device’s native functionalities.
- They are typically developed faster than native apps and are much less expensive.
- They boast of better performance in comparison to web apps.
Native App vs Web App vs Hybrid App - A Comparative Study
|CHARACTERISTICS||WEB APP DEVELOPMENT||HYBRID APP DEVELOPMENT||NATIVE APP DEVELOPMENT|
|Platform||One single app is needed, regardless of the platform||Can be installed on any platform that supports a browser||You need to develop a separate native app for each platform|
|Access to Calendar, Camera, Contacts, GPS, etc.||Zero or very restricted access to device’s hardware and software||Complete access to device’s native features via third-party plugin||Direct access to all features of the smartphone device|
|Performance||Not suitable for the need of high-performing apps||High performance levels||Greatest performance levels, even in case of high-resolution graphics|
|User Interface||Unified interface that many times does not look like native||Not able to reproduce some platform-specific gestures||Low learning curve involved. Native look and feel of the apps|
|App Store Availability||No need to download and install the updates, which saves storage and traffic||Available for download and updates in Apple App Store and Android Play Store||Available for download and updates in Apple App Store and Android Play Store|
|Time-to-market||Much shorter time-to-market||Much shorter time-to-market as the app is developed only once for all platforms||Longer time-to-market, depending upon the targeted platforms and functionalities involved|
|Development Cost||Reduced development time results in decreased costs||Reduced development time results in decreased costs||Higher cost as you have to pay to multiple app development teams|
Hybrid App Development Services
- React Native App Development
- Flutter App Development
Hybrid App Development Tools & Frameworks we use:
- React Native
Accelerate Your Business Growth Choosing Advanced Development Services
Connect With Our Experts
We respond to 97% of queries within 1-2 business days. Really!