Why Businesses Should Consider Chatbots
With an aim to upgrade and implied best practices in customer experience there isn’t much that can be done to improvise the situation, because new evolutions in technology have opened the doors to a faster and easier solution. In past years, new tools designed in order to streamline the interaction between human and computers have hit the market; Virtual Assistances or Chatbots. Basically, a chatbot is artificial intelligence software which simulates a conversation with a user in normal language via messaging applications or website. Under this process, a person can ask or type a question and chatbot will give the right or required information. However, it all depends on the situation like many chatbots learn what the user wants to say to personalize the interaction and build off the previous interaction. Chatbots remember the previous conversation with customers’ and provide them recommendations accordingly. They have the ability to dig through a vast range of data so as to pick out the best nugget for a customer.
How do chatbots work?
At the heart of chatbots, technology lies processing natural language or NLP, the same technology that forms the basis of the voice recognition system acquired by virtual assistants, i.e. Google Now, Microsoft’s Cortana and Apple’s Siri. The chatbots process a text presented to them by the user before responding and identifies what the user said? Along with this, most of the chatbots offer a remarkably authentic conversational experience, among which it is quite difficult to determine whether the agent is a bot or a human being. The chatbot technology differs from other natural languages processing tools, the former can only really advance as quickly as the latter; without continued developments in NLP.
Hence, an effective chatbot has the ability to identify the user’s intent and it extracts data accordingly. The most relevant step at the core of a chatbot is, if you aren’t able to properly understand the user’s request, you cannot provide the correct answer.
Benefits of Chatbots:
- Available 24*7- I am sure most of you have experienced to get bored while customer care agent kept you on hold. On average it takes 7 minutes when an individual is assigned to an agent. Gone are the days of waiting for the availability of the next operative. In this modern era, bots are replacing live chat and other forms of contact, i.e. phone calls and emails. These chatbots act a virtual robot; they never get tired and obey your all commands. Chatbots will continue to operate every day on your website, throughout the year without taking any break. It assists to boost up customer satisfaction level and aids your business rank highly over the sector.
- Handling customers- We humans are restricted to do the number of things at a single time. According to the study, people can only focus on 3 3to 4 things at a time, if it goes beyond this then chances to meet errors are increased. On the other hand, chatbots can simultaneously have a conversation with numerous people. Doesn’t matter what time of the day and how many people you are contacting with, everyone will be answered instantly.
- Aids you to save money- If you are the owner of a business then surely bound to have a lot of employees to be paid for the work they do. These expenses will increase as the business grows, so chatbots are a one-time investment that enables to reduce down the staff requirements. All you can do is to integrate the customer support chatbot in business in order to render simple queries of customers and pass on only the complex queries to customer support agents.
- Provide 100% satisfaction to customers- We humans respond to others on the basis of their moods and emotions. If the service agent is in a good mood then he or she will talk to customers, in a good way. In contrary, the customer won’t be satisfied. Besides this, chatbots are bound by certain rules and follow them. They always treat the customer in the most perfect and polite manner no matter how rough the person is. Chatbots can also talk with people in different languages.
- Automation of repetitive work- Be honest, none of us like to do the same work again and again over a long period of time. In that case, such tasks prone to errors. However, chatbots assist to automate tasks which are done to be frequently and at the right time. There are several slack bots that automate repetitive tasks, which helps to save time and enhance the productivity of people. For instance- a wide range of new items bought from your e-Commerce site or there is a bug reported then it will send a short brief to slack channel.
How to create a chatbot:
There are free and paid both services which let you build a chatbot. You can make your own bot and embed it on your mobile app or website; it doesn’t require any programming language. In order to make a smart chatbot, it is essential to utilize artificial intelligence, machine learning, and language handling. A bot is prepared with few contents, strategies, evaluations, chat logs and modifying reactions in our talk logs. Chatbots are not intelligent by default- they are prepared for identifying extreme levels of intelligence by using technologies such as- machine learning, natural language processing, big data and so on. Following is given the pros and cons of chatbots that are stated as under-
- Chatbots render a speedy and quick response and available around the clock.
- The customer care department has limitations on the number of customers they can deal within a time. But with chatbots, there is no such limitation and they enable to resolve all queries at the same time.
- Chatbots are the new revolution for customer service, reducing the impact on humans, saving a huge amount of time and money, helps businesses to grow.
- It provides strong network security is essential for any kind of chatbot.
- There are security issues in chatbots which allows hackers to assault websites and hacks content, i.e. email addresses and content.
Therefore, from my perspective chatbots with AI are dramatically changing business scenario. A variety of chatbots builds platforms which are available for numerous sectors, i.e. healthcare, e-commerce, banking, travel, information technology and so on. Chatbots enables to reach out to large target audiences on messaging applications and more effective as humans. They may transform into an effective information gathering tool in the near future.