Top Cloud Computing Trends That will Expound 2019
From past years, Cloud Computing has gone through an obscure service for Multi-billion dollar corporations as it becomes their integral part of the web ecosystem. In the crudest form, cloud computing is known as the digital version of warehousing. It is adopted by managers with an aim to eradicate infrastructure cost that firms have to undertake to safeguard and store their personal and client data. Very first, the service was introduced in 2006 while Amazon Web Services was introduced with its first Cloud Computing Solution, i.e. Elastic Compute Cloud. Then after this, it was started to follow by Google by launching its Google App Engine in 2008. The core concept of Cloud Technology is to store the vast amount of data of users and facilitate sharing like - applications, files and more to remote locations; these features are useful for start-ups to multinational corporations and they intend to apply it in their operations.
In addition to this, there was a time when Cloud Computing was considered as a tool which makes smooth, on-going computing experience but now it has developed by scalable service which is mandatory for new companies. Due to the explosive upsurge of competition, the corporate association strives for offering those products or services which are cheap, innovative and advanced. It leads, the entire focus of managers has turned towards identifying effective ways of managing and coping computing work. In other words, cloud computing ensures all these prerequisites, although it also demands constant evolution so as to compete for dynamic market pace. Having this purpose, cloud computing is moving for ample virtualization of software and hardware as well as its service-oriented infrastructure.
In today’s world, Cloud technology is a buzzword for business organizations as it renders exciting new opportunities for corporations to compete with global markets as well as redefine their way to do business. According to the statement of IDC, almost half of IT spending will be on cloud-based in 2019, reaching 60% of overall IT infrastructure as well as 60-70% of all the software, services and technology spending by 2020.
How Cloud Technology helps in businesses -
1. Reduce Cost - The most obvious benefit of cloud small companies can gain is saving money. It provides services at low prices and virtualization expands the value of the physical element that intends companies may obtain more with fewer efforts. It results, there is seen a crucial decline in rack space, power consumption, IT requirements and so on. Hence, for small enterprises’ savings, likewise lower maintenance, support, upgrade cost, installation and hardware are much needed.
2. Enhance Flexibility - Cloud enables to access data and similar files from any device or location at any time with web connection. Due to the changing and remote working process, it is needed for employees to have work-related access even when they aren’t available at the workplace. In other words, Cloud computing allows employees’ work outside of the company and manage business queries if required.
3. Secured Data - Another asset of cloud computing is to data safe and secured. By keeping traditional data storage systems, data can be easily damaged or stolen. Chances of serious Cyber Attacks, such as - hacking, malware, and viruses, however human errors or power outages may also hamper data security.
4. Effective Collaboration - Cloud Computing facilitates effective collaboration for companies to track and oversee progress and workflow to gain effective results. Multiple tools are available which ensures cloud collaboration in the market, such as - Hive, Basecamp, Google Drive and Salesforce, etc. which allows users’ to develop edit, share and save important documents.
5. Scalability and greater integration - Cloud computing provides greater integration between different areas of business organizations. For example - business has a wide range of employees who cannot collaborate with each other face to face so cloud computing makes easier employee collaboration and make them able to work as a team. Cloud computing also increases the scalability of a business organization by allowing them to measure the performance of business operations.
Here is presented main trends of cloud computing in 2019, such as -
1. Quantum computing - The competition of implementing quantum supremacy is on, IBM is competing with Microsoft, Google continuing its race with Intel; all of them are working strictly in order to develop a first quantum system which will deliver long-promised abilities of technology likewise - resolving complex medical problems, real conversation with AI, seamless data encryption, weather prediction, and better financial modeling. Although, such fast and reliable quantum computer is far a decade away recent searches show that we are getting more closer to this as the day passes. It predicts that cloud computing would be able to introduce material science, mathematical and computer science theories to reality.
2. Hybrid cloud solutions - Making a full transition to the cloud has evidenced more challenging than expected, so at this time hybrid cloud solutions play a vital role. Having a hybrid cloud, corporate associations can make a transition to the cloud at their own pace at lower cost and less risk. It has been overviewed that in 2019, most of the companies will obtain a hybrid cloud approach which permits them to arrive at the effectiveness and efficiency of cloud solutions.
The 2016 State of the Cloud Survey from RightScale signifies that an organization using the cloud enables to access six more distinct clouds. Such Clouds can be multivendor tools aka IBM, AWS and Google as well as a blend of public and private clouds. Adoption of cloud at this peak, CIOs 2019 should understand the pros and cons of each cloud before making any decision regarding the best cloud system for their business.
3. Automation - We all know that adoption of cloud computing is enhancing at an unprecedented rate; it signifies that corporate associations have more even more computing material to manage. This will result, higher consumption of data and more influx of data, altering admin jobs into time-consuming or repetitive tasks. Therefore, it is determined that when a specific task gets monotonous, automation enables to handle it in a better way rather than human efforts. The execution process of automation requires less human resources, intends to reduce errors and greater productivity. So companies for all size pursuits to acquire various automate the process as Automation will help in simplifying jobs in cloud administration by saving cost and time.
4. Security and compliance measures - Risks and security are still the most persistent substances for cloud technology. Although, the cloud data’s security is the top concern while implementing cloud technology but the most important thing is security benefits are properly installed for effective cloud solution as it is the strongest point for cloud adoption. Besides this, even after the introduction of Data Protection Regulations in 2018 security will still continue and create hurdles for compliance security of cloud technology. Hence, to ensure data practices comply with the Data Protection Act and other abidance requirements it is essential for companies to take lead in rendering compliance and security essentials in 2019. It is analyzed that, in the last of 2020 99% of vulnerabilities exploited will continue to be ones known by IT and security professionals for at least one year.
5. Evolution of cloud services and solutions - With the purpose of adapting current market settings, both public and private sectors will acquire cloud solutions and services. It allows organizations to obtain advantages from straightforward and high-performance cloud platforms approaches, such as - LaaS, PaaS and SaaS which reinforce their business operations. The popularity of these approaches stems from their flexibility and simplicity.
6. Back-up and Disaster recovery - 15% of the total cloud budget is allocated for Backup and Disaster recovery solutions that are the highest budget allocation followed by productivity tools and email hosting. This higher ratio affects the shared responsibility model that public cloud providers operate on, these are - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure. These public cloud service providers are liable for ensuring availability of DR and Backup solutions as well as security of Cloud Infrastructure.
7. Serverless computing - Fad or Future? That questions seem for those people who are asking about serverless computing and 2019 may provide them better answer. Although it never means to eradicate server even it implies that developers are no longer to concern themselves with the infrastructure underlying their code. These services are rendered by cloud vendors so as to improves resilience and scalability Along with this, serverless computing transfer the cost away from the developer and onto the cloud provider. Hence, you don’t longer need to be concerned about the costs, admin and threats involved in managing servers.
Now, you can write code at the functional level and leave your cloud vendor to decide how much underlying infrastructure of cloud is required to run it effectively. Therefore, the biggest providers have serverless applications which are developing at a vast pace, but it too comes with distinct major challenges, likewise - Risk of the vendor lock-in. Different vendors provide different serverless security and attributes.
2019 and beyond
Innovation or advancement spurs for more innovation that means each passing year will bring new opportunities and challenges. In 2019, we will see that innovation technology comes into existence and users can remodel it for the sake of their own demands. Providers will also have to change their mindset to account for a changing market. Though we are shifting towards an agile, so flexible market and reliability will crucial to gain overall success.